Grand Cards: The Ol' Switcheroo (but I need help from you)

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Ol' Switcheroo (but I need help from you)

So, I'm thinking about changing my blog name and domain so that I can take advantage of a .com address (instead of an .blogspot.com) but I need some advice.

I'm pretty happy with google. I haven't had a lot of problems with them, and I'm pretty comfortable with what I can do on here. There are some limitations, yes, but all in all, I feel like a full transition to something else (wordpress hosted, independently hosted) would be more trouble than its worth for me. So some questions:

  • Has anyone made this transition from .blogspot to .com but stayed with google?
  • Has anyone made the transition and switched to something else
  • Once I have the .com can I transition to a different host at a future date without too much trouble?
  • Any thoughts/comments from those of you with a tad more expertise than I have?

It is my understanding that all of my old posts will live on at the new domain if I stick with blogger, and things will redirect and google rankings will stay the same etc. If I'm wrong about this and you know it, please let me know.

Otherwise, this is where things are trending. I think the move to a .com will generally be a positive one, but any help or advice I can get would be much appreciated.