Grand Cards: His Life Is In Your Hands (Please Vote!)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

His Life Is In Your Hands (Please Vote!)

He wanted me to repeat that. His life is in your hands.

Here's the deal: Smitty wrote me back and admitted that he handn't followed my blog and that if he broke the rules then he was fine conceding the cards. But, I'm not in a blog-dictator mood today so I thought I'd democratize the issue.

I offered this: Become a follower of the blog now (he did) and I'll let the rest of the readers decide who gets the cards.

So world, what say you?

Should he get the cards even though he violated the first rule of the contest (but adhered to the others)? Or, should the next closest person get the cards because they followed all the rules?

The poll is up in the sidebar. Voting will end tomorrow so that I can get the cards shipped to the winners on Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't in the contest, but I thought I would offer my 2 cents... When I have a contest, following the blog has always been requisite. My first contest I had about 10 followers so it was pretty easy to "follow". When you start to get a ton of followers, which I imagine that you do-it becomes hella tough to keep an eye on that... Since I didn't enter the contest myself, I don't want to judge someone who did, so I won't... I will say that when I have a contest, I expect people to read the rules and I trust them to follow them. It would piss me off personally that someone didn't read or follow the rules, but if said someon came clean to me, I would forgive. If it were my contest, well, I would do exactly what you are doing. Leave it up to those who were in the contest to vote. That said, I didn't vote. I guess my comment here is pretty useless huh. I just like seeing blogocracy in action i guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not useless at all. However, I don't want this to keep anyone who wasn't in the contest from voting in the poll. This is an issue of fairness, and I want "the people", generally, to decide. If I leave it just up to people in the contest, the potential for bias and resentment rears its head (not that I think any of the entrants will actually feel that way, but you get my point), so I encourage anyone who has an opinion to read over the context of this issue and the rules of the contest and vote one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a regular reader so no say so in the matter.
    I picked up a magazine this summer from the Pilot Truck Stop chain with Curtis on the cover and have been lazy in asking if you want it. They are only available at the truck drivers eneterance and a re free so not many make their way into collectors hands. Let me know if you are interested and I will get it to you.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Maroth gold is here:
    http://tinyurl.com/yhytsj7

    ReplyDelete