Grand Cards: Sayonara Figaro

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sayonara Figaro

2009 Topps Alfredo Figaro Silk

File this under "news that doesn't really matter, but I'm going to write about it anyway because it's short and I need to keep this blog active and I have a cool card of Alfredo Figaro that I need post or I'll never have a reason to show it again and oh, this does happen to open up a roster spot just in case the Tigers decide to make a move at some point."

Anyway, Alfredo Figaro has decided to play the 2011 season in Japan for the Orix Buffalos on a $500,000 contract. Not too bad for a player ticketed for Toledo this season.

This comes from Twitter, where the Tigers have also been linked to Josh Willingham, and I have had fun making fictitious deals out of other teams' news like: A Tom Gorzellany & Kosuke Fukudome package that fills two holes for the Tigers while clearing payroll for the Cubs, or how about getting in the mix on a Carlos Beltran trade with the Mets?

Ahh trade rumors.