Grand Cards: I Am Ryan Braun

Friday, October 2, 2009

I Am Ryan Braun

This is going to seem extremely off topic, but I couldn't resist. Early this morning, Mario at Wax Heaven posted about making wise baseball card investments (and the relatively stupidity of doing so). In the post he claims that you would do well do purchase this card, Ryan Braun's rookie from Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects.



This is me.

Ok, me plus 50 pounds of muscle and a little bit more talent. Some of you knew me in high school and have seen me in my baseball uniform. This is it. The funny thing is that despite my semitic good looks, I don't really look like Ryan Braun at all, but in 2005 we might as well have been brothers. The similarities in the Topps card are even more stark.



In this all-too anonymous world of blogging, I just thought that you all might like to put a face to a blog. Now you can. I am Ryan Braun's Rookie Card.

A point of clarification: I am not Ryan Braun here, or the bevy of other baseball card examples where he looks half-asleep. Some blogger did a great job of highlighting these a while back, but for the life of me I can't find it.