Grand Cards: Redemption Thoughts

Monday, February 21, 2011

Redemption Thoughts

I feel like Topps has been pretty good about redemptions recently. I've never had to deal with them before this year, but I dealt with three redemptions in 2010, all of which are now in my hands and in good shape.

I'd imagine if I were purchasing a high end product like Triple Threads that these redemptions would get on my nerves a bit. At the original release, pretty much anything with a Miguel Cabrera autograph was a redemption, which boo. Well, no more, as the real cards have now started to hit eBay:
#TTARC-6 Longoria/Beckham/Cabrera; 2010 Topps Triple Threads

#TTARC-8 Porcello/Damon/Cabrera; 2010 Topps Triple Threads

#RRARP-5 Porcello/Scherzer; 2010 Topps Triple Threads

#TTAR-121 Miguel Cabrera 2010 Topps Triple Threads

#TTAR-122 Miguel Cabrera; 2010 Topps Triple Threads

#TTAR-123 Miguel Cabrera; 2010 Topps Triple Threads


Also, there's a fancy jumbo I hadn't seen before:

#TTJPAR-1 Miguel Cabrera; 2010 Topps Triple Threads

So there you go. 2010 Triple Thread redemptions are now real cards with autographs and jersey bits and everything. Get them while they're hot.

No, I don't have any of these cards. When I get some more time, I will swap out the old redemption pictures in the gallery for these fancy new cards, but I figured since nobody ever goes through the old galleries to browse, that I'd feature these cards as part of a new post so that you can see that they actually do exist and that they came into existence about three or four months after the product's release. /public service.