Grand Cards: Fake!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fake!

This is the first time that I've seen this happen in a Curtis Granderson card. I happened upon it while I was doing my semi-regular perusal of listed and sold cards. All of a sudden...BAM!
That there is a Fakey McFakerson 1/1 Superfake Fake Card.

Now, I'm no Sportscards Uncensored, but I know my Granderson cards after two years of supercollecting.  The sad thing is that I didn't catch this listing when it was still active, which means that some poor sucker got stuck with a $247 bill and the seller, Steelerswheel71, got away with it.

For the record, I posted about the non-fake Granderson card back when it first came out.  It looks like this:


Jumbo Patch taken from the numbers on the back of the Jersey. Verlander's is the same way:


For shame, patch faker. For shame.