Grand Cards: That's Two Thus Far

Thursday, July 22, 2010

That's Two Thus Far

Two wins makes it official. A winning streak. This time (like most times) there hero was Miguel Cabrera. Odd then, that just like the Scherzer autograph that I got the other day, that I got this Miguel Cabrera card today.

2009 Allen & Ginter #AGA-MC Miguel Cabrera

First, I'd just like to say that I'm pretty sure that this is the best card that I own. In fact, I'm pretty sure that its not even close. This is from the 2009 Ginter set and was originally released as a redemption, of which only 49 copies were made. A fortunate mis-listing of sorts that used "Autograph" but not "Auto" led it to sell for approximately 40% less than the majority of other sales of this card that I've seen. I call that a bargain.

So this seems to be the pattern: I get an autographed card in the mail and the Tigers win with said card's subject playing the hero. Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that I just got a ton of cards in the mail--maybe even enough for a 4 or 5 game win streak. The bad news is that after that, there will be bupkis. I like to think that perhaps the autographed cards will just start showing up, or that maybe, somehow, old timers can fit into this pattern. I mean, Al Kaline can still factor into a game these days, right?