Grand Cards: First Card(s) of 2009*

Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Card(s) of 2009*

Well, I got my first card of 2009 the other day, and my second arrived yesterday afternoon before I could post about the first. (* I actually had a large order before the new year that came right after my 2008 wrap up post, but I haven't had a chance to catalog and go through it yet, so, the cards in this post will now be considered my first of 2009).

The first, and more impressive of these is from 2008 Sweet Spot (#16/25).
From Curtis Granderson Collection
That is a fine looking card. As soon as I saw the multi-color patch, I knew that it was for me. I also like the little bit of Marlin Patch on Miguel Cabrera, as well as his Marlins picture. I hate it when they obviously mix and match pictures and jerseys, like showing him in a Tigers jersey and a Marlins patch--this works much better.

The other card is just an incremental addition to SPx, this time a dual jersey numbered to 35.
From Curtis Granderson Collection
I'd say that's a pretty good start to the year.

A running tally will be in the sidebar shortly.