Grand Cards: Ultimate Checklist: 2008 Topps Chrome

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ultimate Checklist: 2008 Topps Chrome

I'll take this lunch break to make a quick little post here. 2008 Topps Chrome is an elegant set with a very simple Curtis Granderson checklist.

#151.

From Curtis Granderson Collection
In a departure from years past, Topps Chrome used different pictures than the normal Topps set, something that I loudly applaud. That fact alone prompted me to grab up some additional Tigers from the set, and I must say, Topps Chrome does it right. If only it weren't just 4 cards to a pack for $3 (sigh).

The real beauty of the set comes in the form of its refractors.
From Curtis Granderson Collection

I don't have one of Granderson, but I am a huge fan of the Blue Refractors. In all, there are 6 parallel versions, and printing plates:

Refractor
Xfractor
Blue Refractor
Copper Refractor (#/599)
Red Refractor (#/25)
SuperFractor (1/1) ("The Exorbitant" Superfractor?)

That is it. #151, 6 parallels and Printing Plates. Enjoy the xfractor on your way out.

From Curtis Granderson Collection