Grand Cards: Mail Day!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mail Day!

This post comes a few days removed from when the cards actually came, but they deserve to be recognized nonetheless.

The first pair of cards comes from Baseball Dad. In exchange for a Roberto Clemente "Legends of the Game" card that went unclaimed in the Topps "Black" Group Break, he sent me two beauties to help me get close to polishing off the team set.
2009 Topps Walmart "Black" #76 Marcus Thames
2009 Topps Walmart "Black" #176 Hamilton/Morneau/Cabrera

That leaves me with only 2 to go (Verlander & Cabrera/Quentin/Rodriguez)! Thank you so much!

The second package that came contained the first Upper Deck addition to my Granderson collection this year.
2009 Upper Deck #GJ-GR Curtis Granderson
I must say, this relic card, although not particularly well designed (what's with the fake "CG" swatch?) is a pretty nice looking card, and it looks like the more advanced UD cards (Dual, Triple & Quad Jerseys) are even nicer. As it is, this is the type of clean, crisp card that you can expect from a regular issue like Upper Deck.

I would also like to thank Marie from A Cardboard Problem for sending me her old Detroit Tigers as part of her '80's card liquidation. As expected, I had that vast majority of the cards, but she helped me fill a few holes off my wantlist. Thanks Marie!

So that's it, a short but sweet Mailday--thank you for everyone for the trades. Oh, and if you want to trade, just take a look at what I have and/or what I want, and send me an email to get things rolling!