Grand Cards: Ultimate Checklist: 2008 UD Timeline

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ultimate Checklist: 2008 UD Timeline

How about back to some regularly scheduled programming? There are only three sets from 2008 that I have yet to cover. Today, we hit UD Timeline.

Now, I didn't buy any timeline, don't really understand what the cards are supposed to look like--given that there are a TON of parallels that mimic different years' designs--and there is no regular Granderson card in the set.

Allegedly, there is a "Timeline Memorabilia" card of Curtis Granderson in this set. This is according to a Beckett Checklist, which usually does a good job but is not always the most reliable. I have never seen this card, nor have I ever heard of anyone knowing about this card. Personally, I believe that this card does not exist, much like similarly fictitious 2008 Upper Deck First Edition Relic card

If that is the case, then there is no Granderson in UD Timeline.

So, to make up for it, I will show off my most recent acquisition:
2008 Topps Stadium Club #6 Curtis Granderson Photographer's Proof

Here is my first and only Granderson card from 2008 Topps Stadium Club. This "photographer's proof" version is numbered 74/99, but doesn't really add anything to the normal card. While this card may not be as spectacular as I alleged in the past, it is still mighty fine.

So that's it, one fictitious UD Timeline card, on a post that shows a card from Stadium Club. Oh well.