Grand Cards: This Just In: 2008 Topps Finest Gold

Monday, June 1, 2009

This Just In: 2008 Topps Finest Gold

Growing up, I never really thought twice about Finest when I was collecting. I was simple Topps and Upper Deck, Fleer, Donruss, Pinnacle, Leaf, Score etc. Come to think of it, why wasn't Finest on the list? In fact, I have no recollection of ever having a Finest card in my collection, ever. Weird, no?

Well, last year I got a couple of Granderson's '08 Finest and the other day (ok, the other week) I ended up with a Gold version.
2008 Topps Finest #95 Curtis Granderson: Gold (#45/50)

Pretty nice, don't you think? I will say, that this particular design is only so-so. It certainly doesn't compare to 2009 Finest, which I finally got in my hands the other day and will be showing off shortly. It also isn't as good as the other Granderson card from 2008 Finest, the Gold Version of which should be in transit to my house as we speak.

Still, I like these cards in all of their colored refractory goodness, a binder page full of them would look mighty fine indeed.