Grand Cards: Grand Galleries: 2010 Topps Opening Day

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Grand Galleries: 2010 Topps Opening Day

Topps Opening Day is one of those sets that is relatively useless, but I tend to kind of enjoy nonetheless. I profiled the Detroit Tigers in the Opening Day set earlier this year, and Yes, it's taken me this long to find the necessary images to post a Granderson gallery. Of two cards.

Granderson's card is notable in that it is the first non-secret short printed card of him as a Yankee. It uses the same photoshopped picture as his Topps Series 1 card (#222b), but is in portrait layout instead of landscape. The main feature of Opening Day that I have always liked--different color schemes--is absent in this set, but finds its way in parallel form. A very nice looking blue-bordered parallel (#/2010) is the second Granderson card in the set. Four printing plates round out his offerings--in the interest of aesthetics, I'll show those if and when I ever find an image of them, instead of sticking placeholders in there. Luckily, we've got the Cyan one to kick us off.

As 2010 card sets go, Opening Day is the most meager of Granderson offerings. Shocking that it took me so long to find what I was looking for. Lackluster though it may be, we can't just pick and choose what cards are out there, now can we?







#98 Curtis Granderson

#98 Curtis Granderson Blue (#/2010)

#98 Curtis Granderson Printing Plate (Cyan) 1/1