Grand Cards: This Just In: I Saw Red

Friday, September 18, 2009

This Just In: I Saw Red

How does a quick Friday post sound? Good? Good.

2008 Topps Heritage High Numbers #ROA-CG Curtis Granderson Red Ink (#47/59)


Sometimes, you just need to treat yourself, which is exactly what I did when this card showed up on eBay and was sitting well below its historical pricing averages. I threw in a bid and snapped it up. I've talked about this before, but for the Granderson collector, 2008 Heritage (and Heritage High Numbers) is an outstanding set. Not only do the cards look great but they have that wonderful vintage-y, thick cardstock. The Red Autograph here is certainly a highlight. It matches up so well with the red of the card, and the hand numbering seals the deal.

When push comes to shove, and I'm flipping through my autographed Granderson cards, it will be items like this that stand the test of time, pushing sticker-bound and ultra-shiny competitors to the wayside.