Here's where things don't add up for me.
In 2009 the Tigers:
- had the 4th highest attendance in the American League
- Turned down sponsorship of the fountain in Center Field to place a "Supports Our Automakers" sign instead
- Allowed Magglio Ordonez's $18 Million option to vest
- Had the 4th highest TV ratings among MLB clubs
- Saw a 10% raise in TV ratings in 2009
This all comes amidst the worst economic recession in decades, with all indications that everything is now turning up--even in Michigan.
To repeat Rogers' question: Are they hurting so bad that they would trade one of the best guys in the game?
I hope not.