Grand Cards: The Great Grand Cards Trade Away: Day 2

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Great Grand Cards Trade Away: Day 2

I'm changing the name of this. "Trade Down" just didn't do it for me.

First, the winner of the Day 1 offering for all of my Donruss Diamond Kings cards was Cam of the Collectable [sic] Cards blog, who happened to be the only person interested. Huh. So the winners know, I'll send all the cards once the entire contest is over so that I can consolidate shipping in case you win multiple days.

So with Day 1 just a teeny step above "total failure" from a reader interest perspective, Day 2 offers a little more in the way of mass appeal.

Up For Grabs A Large Package of non-Topps cards of your favorite team.

Just to alleviate your fears that I'd load you down with a ton of 1987 Topps or something like that, I will fill as many cards of your team of choice as I can fit into a large package, and all of them will be of a non-Topps flagship brand. We're talking Upper Deck, SP, Leaf, Studio, Collector's Choice, Starting Lineup, Bowman, Topps Big, Oddball Cards, O-Pee-Chee, Score, Donruss, Fleer etc. I have a lot of these.

The best offer for EACH TEAM will be accepted, meaning that I am up for giving away up to 30 packages.

Opening Bid: One non-Topps Detroit Tigers card of any type.

Because of the magnitude of this particular giveaway, I will leave it up for 2 days. It will end Thursday at 5:30.

Update: You may "bid" multiple times on each giveaway, so that if you are outbid, you can increase your offer.

Update 2: You may bid on as many teams as you wish

31 comments:

  1. Can we enter multiple times if outbid? I will start with one 2007 Goudey Magglio Ordonez card. And I would go for the Astros. Hopefully I'm not the only entry again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can--I just posted an update to make that clear too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bid one non-Topps Tiger for the Reds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bid one non-Topps Tiger for the Orioles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bid one 1986 Fleer team set of Tigers for some Mariners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will bid 2 non-Topps Tigers for some Tigers if they are available. If not I will bid the same for the Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Don, Pirates it is. HOWEVER, I am planning a BIG Tigers trade away (I have a ton of Doubles, as you might expect) for a few weeks from now once I get all of those cards in order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll give you 2 08 UD SP Authentic Tigers inserts for your non-Topps Braves lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A boat load of Tigers for some non Topps Marlins??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will trade you three 1978 O-Pee-Chee Tigers cards for your Cardinals cards. (I'll actually send more than that, but for the purpose of bidding I'll leave it at that for now.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a 2002 Fleer Genuine Tim Kalita Rookie #1617/2002. That's just to get a bid in, I'll round up some more Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Play at the Plate: What team are you bidding on?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will trade a 1993 Toys 'R Us 5x7 Master Photo Scott Livingstone for non-Topps Twins cards. Wait -- that's a Topps card. Okay, I'll also throw in a 1992 Baseball Cards Magazine insert #BBC57 Cecil Fielder, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll send you a random Tigers package for a Non-Topps Red Sox package.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will bid, for the Indians, one 2009 Sweet Spot Curtis Granderson GU jersey and one 2009 UD Icons Carlos Guillen GU jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 SP authentic inserts, one Zenith insert, 1 Topps Heritage, on 2010 Topps gold for the Astros package.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bid 6 non-Topps Tiger cards for a package of Mets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My bid for a bunch of Braves:

    33 late 80s Oddball Tigers
    1987 and 1988 Donruss Opening Day Tigers team sets
    a 2002 Topps Heritage card of Roger Cedeno
    a 2010 Topps AttaxTown card of Max Scherzer with probably unusable code
    1 random Tigers insert card certified 'shiny' by Cardboard Junkie Standards.

    And they're all in my hand right now so it won't take two months to send 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rebid for the Astros, 20 Detroit Tigers cards, some Inserts, some commons. But If I get outbid again, I'll take the Phils, although I still want the Stros.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry Cam, right now Anthony K is in the lead. I know it's fewer cards, but only 1 of them even has a chance of being a double. Quality over quantity in this case. Feel free to re-bid for the 'stros or make an offer on the phillies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's ok. I'll bid 10 nontopps cards, some inserts, for the Phils.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will bid one numbered Tigers card for the Phillies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will bid a Justin Verlander card numbered to 149 for your Brewers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can we bid on more than one team?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, you can bid on as many teams as you like (post updated to reflect that)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll bid five non-Topps Tigers plus a Tigers tattoo for the Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  27. No one for the Yankees yet? I'll bid a 1972 Kellogg's Joe Coleman for those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 5 nontopps tigers cards for the royals, being is Ive been outbid twice already.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How about a 1969 Daryl Patterson, 1975 Dave Lemanczyk, Gene Lamont, and 2010 Upper Decks of Fu-Te Ni, Rick Porcello, Bobby Seay, Joel Zumaya, Clete Thomas, Ryan Raburn, Fernando Rodney, Adam Everett, and Brandon Inge for the Yanks?

    ReplyDelete
  30. 1 vintage non-Topps Tiger for the Rays.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks guys--the contest is now closed. Stay tuned for the winners at 6, along with tomorrow's giveaway.

    Also, please email me your mailing address for these cards. I'll be shipping all cards once all of my contests are over so that I can consolidate shipping costs. Probably looking at these going out sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete