Grand Cards: The Great Grand Cards Trade Away: Day 5

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Great Grand Cards Trade Away: Day 5

And the winner is...

The winner of the Day 4 package of a couple miscellaneous autographs is Dayf, who offered a 1995 Old Judge Dave Mysel autograph. Why? Here's why. That card comes from an era when autographs still meant something. 1995. A time when a card numbered to 5750 copies (!) was something to be impressed by. Sure, the Andrew Miller card might have been nice, but odds are it was a sticker autograph. And the Old Judge cards have a charm that no 2003 Bowman can top. As for Milt Cuyler...well, I LOVE Milt Cuyler, but I'm a weird OCD person with this sort of stuff and I don't have any in person autographs on cards and if I start now I'm afraid I'll never stop.

So, Dayf it is.

Which brings us to Day 5.

Up for Grabs A Large Package of Topps cards of your favorite team.

This is just like the non-topps giveaway from Day 2 except this time it is Topps cards. 95% of my collection falls into these years: 1982, 1986-1994, 2000, 2006-2010. Included in this giveaway will be 2009 Topps "Throwback" cards, 2009 Topps "Black" Cards (from Walmart), rookies, inserts, commemorative patches, parallels, Topps Opening Day and, of course, base cards from all the years.

I am willing to make a package for each team. They will be comparably sized to the non-topps packages.

Opening Bid A comment. If you want some of these they are yours. If there is competition for certain teams, you may feel free to start bidding with cards.

This will end TOMORROW at 5:30 pm, so get your comments in!

26 comments:

  1. Are any of your Tiger doubles up for bid? I'm sure that you have doubles of cards that I don't have any of, if not no big deal. Bummer about Zumaya, my guess is that he never pitches again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlins please.....Love me some Topps....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love your Mets stuff and if nobody else claims the Yankees, I could use them too. I can put together a Tigers package together for you and I am sure I have a game used I can add in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astros- Hopefully Anthony can gimme em this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to put in for the Phillies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diamondbacks, please. For my father. Yeah, I know that they didn't start until 1998. We're okay with that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cubbie-goodness please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd take the Royals. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cam, I will gladly step aside and let you have the Astros this time ;)

    By the by, email me and maybe we can swap somee doubles or can swap star players for star players (like, I can send Bigio for Oswalt or something of that like).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, boy, at the risk of adding a load of cards to the Dodger dupes box, I'll put in for L.A. If you're willing, you can skip 1986-94.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Braves:

    2008 A Piece of History Cut from the Same Cloth Ordonez/Granderson #446/799
    2010 Turkey Red Al Kaline
    1998 Collector's Choice Tony Clark Bobblehead card
    All the Tigers I can find out of my 2002-2005 junk boxes

    The Mysel has been put in the package with the first pile of Tigers.

    (You're not the only one trying to ditch junk out of their collection)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was trying to give all the other Rangers fans a shot (all 3 of them?), but I'll put in a claim. I'll round up some Tigers for you...you've been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Going for the Brewers again. I'll scare up some sort of Tigers relic card for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know RoofGod wants some Tigers butso do I!! I have some stuff you might be interested in! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @RoofGod and Sewingmachineguy (and all other Tigers fans). Yes, I have Tigers doubles. Yes, I want to trade them. BUT not yet. After I get all the cards in from this series of contests I'm going to do an inventory of my Tigers cards and pull all the doubles. Then, I'm going to fashion some sort of Tigers-doubles trading system where I will ask who wants to participate.

    Just hold your horses, something will be on its way within the month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome, I'm down for the Nats/Expos. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to take those worthless Topps Twins cards off your hands. Matter of fact, I may just send you some more of my worthless Topps Tigers cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like to take the Padres. i will see what Tigers I have.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If noone wants them i'll also take the A's...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wouldn't mind the Mariners if you are so inclined. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, the joys of an awful fanbase. I am willing to take on some Blue Jays.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would be interested in the Red Sox cards, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Idk if we are allowed two teams. If we are, I would love some Orioles if they aren't taken

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to have your Yankees! Anyone need some Red Sox cards? :-)

    ReplyDelete