Grand Cards: Some Friday Fun

Friday, June 4, 2010

Some Friday Fun

CNBC has a slideshow (shocker!) showcasing the most iconic baseball cards of all time. In light of Ken Griffey Jr.'s retirement, what do you think is number one?

Worth checking out, although I'm not sure that I agree with everything on the list. I mean, 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly? Really?

What do you think should be on the list that isn't there?

This is probably going to be all you're going to get from me today, as I have what appears to be 3-4 days of work that I need to wrap up by the end of the day today. Fun!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, the #1 baseball card of All-Time will always be the T206 Honus Wagner card.

    Now, as collectors, and baseball fans, the rest of your personal Top 10 is up for debate...but it has to start with the Wagner card...and by the way, I like his addition of the Billy Ripken card...now that was hilarious.

    For me, here's a list just off the top of the ole noggin...in no particular order...except #1...

    #1...1909 T 206 Honus Wagner

    1953 Topps Mickey Mantle
    1963 Topps Pete Rose
    1985 Topps Mark MeGwire Team USA
    1968 Donruss Jose Canseco
    1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr.
    1954 Topps Al Kaline
    1933 Gowdey Babe Ruth
    1909 Topps T206 Ty Cobb
    1957 Topps Hank Aaron(He's pictured left handed)

    So, there's just a few that come to mind, and I know that everyone will have their own, and I cannot wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete