Grand Cards: Retail Group Break Progress Repot

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Retail Group Break Progress Repot

Well, this has gone better than expected thus far. As of right now we're looking at:

Night Owl: Dodgers
Baseball Dad: Indians
Dinged Corners: Mets
Me: Tigers
Lake Effect Cards: Royals & Cubs
Hamiltonian: Rangers (tentative)
I Heart Halos: Angels
RogerL: Marlins & Rays

That gives us 10 teams, which is not too shabby, with Nachos Grande interested in the Patches & SPs (RogerL is too). For more clarification, I was planning on giving all cards from a given team to that person, including inserts, patches etc. I think that multi-player cards will be subject to Randomization between multiple claimants.

Also, I thought that I heard that the Target blasters wouldn't be out until April. Is that true? If so, would people still want to do a break of the Black Borders? I'm thinking 2 or 3 boxes. If somebody knows anything about the target cards, please pass it along.

I'd like to get at least 2 more teams in here and do 3 boxes for $5 per person (if the Walmart Cards are all that's available) or get 6 more teams and do 4 boxes. Once I get two more, I will update the list and confirm with each of you. Then, I will ask for the monies and pick up boxes on Monday with a Break Monday Night (if all goes according to plan). Sound good? Tell your friends--there are still a few good teams out there.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I'm down with still doing Wal-Mart blasters and holding off on the Target until they come out. I think the bigger question is are you sure you're going to be able to find three blasters of the stuff by Monday? They seem to be as rare as hens teeth at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll help out some more....give me 2 more spots with the Yankees and the Orioles. I think what you said about the inserts and SP's is fair, but whatever you decide, I'm game.

    ReplyDelete