Grand Cards: Brandon Inge To Participate in Home Run Derby

Friday, July 10, 2009

Brandon Inge To Participate in Home Run Derby

In a nice Detroit News article about Brandon Inge making the All-Star team, I uncovered this juicy little nugget:

Inge also said Thursday he will compete in Monday's Home Run Derby.

"I figured it would be something to have fun with," he said. "I watched the Derby more as a kid than the game. (The game) was too long."

Prepare to be amazed, world.

Given the prevalence with which the "big stars" have generally declined to participate in the Derby in recent years, it is nice to see somebody genuinely excited about the taking part in the event. On behalf of baseball fans everywhere, thank you.

UPDATE: Apparently MLB.com was on top of this late last night. Here's a whole story on Inge "likely" in the Derby.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I was just checking out your blog and saw you were writing about the Home Run Derby. I’m a representative of State Farm and thought you might have some interest in the upcoming Call Your Shot. Aim for the Arch promotion we will be running during the Home Run Derby. You can have a chance to win tickets to the World Series and some other cool prizes. Check it out at www.sfcallyourshot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's my Tiger!

    I have to say that I've had more of a feeling of excitement about this All Star Game than ever before on account of Inge being there. Most likely, I think, because he himself is exhibiting so much excitement, which is refreshing after seeing so many 12-time allstars, e.g. being so blase about it.

    ReplyDelete