Grand Cards: Ultimate Checklist: 2008 Bowman

Friday, January 2, 2009

Ultimate Checklist: 2008 Bowman

Here is the first of many installments of my "Ultimate Checklist" for Curtis Granderson. I might as well take it from the top.

#191 is the only Granderson card in this year's Bowman set, leaving 5 cards to chase. Why five?

Well, there's the Base Card #191 and four parallel versions.

Gold
2008 Bowman #191 Curtis Granderson: Gold

Blue (#/500)
2008 Bowman #191 Curtis Granderson: Blue (#/500)


Orange (#/250) and Red (1/1 Hobby Exclusive)

Our total comes to 9 when we add in the requisite four printing plates to this set.

As a player collector, I care more about having a well composed and unique picture than I do about having a series that looks good as a "set," and I will say that I was a fan of Bowman's effort this year. The action shot of Granderson on the basepaths that says "I plan on scoring on this pitch" is nice, and fits well onto the card layout.

Up Next: Bowman Chrome