Grand Cards: What You Talkin' About

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What You Talkin' About

Willis!

Tonight, the Tigers starting pitcher went 6.1 Innings, allowed 1 Hit, 2 Walks and 0 Runs. He recorded 5 Strikeouts. His fastball ranged from sub-major league caliber at 87 MPH to a quality Major League Pitch at 93 MPH. He threw 100 Pitches, 61 of them for strikes. He accomplished the impressive feat of making me smile at my computer as I tracked him on Gamecast. I can only imagine that he garnered as loud a standing ovation as Comerica Park has ever heard when he left the game in the 7th. This pitcher gave the Tigers a gem, which they parlayed into a 4-0, 1 hit victory over the 1st place Texas Rangers. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:


Oh wait, my mistake. I'm not sure who that guy is. Here was the actual starting pitcher:



Welcome back D-Train, your All-Star form is a welcome sight for sore eyes.

Sorry for the lifted pictures, non-essential cards are still buried in boxes in the basement so I had to resort to eBay.

4 comments:

  1. great effort all around to cool off a red-hot texas team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I just added him in both of my fantasy leagues. Can never have too many SP options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I don't know if I'd go that far quite yet, but if you've got room on your roster is could be a high risk/high reward opportunity. I've got my fingers crossed that he will excel for you for the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my boy i still love D-Train and always will i wish him the best of luck this year and every year!! But he will always be a Marlins in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete