Grand Cards: What You Talkin' About

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What You Talkin' About

Willis!

Tonight, the Tigers starting pitcher went 6.1 Innings, allowed 1 Hit, 2 Walks and 0 Runs. He recorded 5 Strikeouts. His fastball ranged from sub-major league caliber at 87 MPH to a quality Major League Pitch at 93 MPH. He threw 100 Pitches, 61 of them for strikes. He accomplished the impressive feat of making me smile at my computer as I tracked him on Gamecast. I can only imagine that he garnered as loud a standing ovation as Comerica Park has ever heard when he left the game in the 7th. This pitcher gave the Tigers a gem, which they parlayed into a 4-0, 1 hit victory over the 1st place Texas Rangers. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:


Oh wait, my mistake. I'm not sure who that guy is. Here was the actual starting pitcher:



Welcome back D-Train, your All-Star form is a welcome sight for sore eyes.

Sorry for the lifted pictures, non-essential cards are still buried in boxes in the basement so I had to resort to eBay.