Grand Cards: Good Start to 2009

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good Start to 2009

Lookee what came in the mail yesterday...
2009 Topps Curtis Granderson #CBA-CG
2009 Topps Armando Galarraga CBA-AG
These are the two big Detroit Tigers "Hits" in Topps Series 1, to go along with Granderson and Bonderman Jerseys. I'm waiting for a few cards to trickle in over the next few days and then I'll have a better sense of what were looking at.

One thing is certain: Curtis Granderson has 2 auto/relic cards in 2009 Topps Series 1: Career Best Auto (CBA-CG) and Career Best Relic (CBR-CG). Both look the same, just with an Autograph in place of a jersey swatch (in the shape "OF" to indicate his position). Sadly, Granderson got stuck with the red stock instead of the much nicer looking Blue. I do like the backs of these cards though, which shows their career best statistics in a variety of categories. Why players like Armando Galarraga are included in this, I'm not sure, but I won't complain.

More 2009 cards to come as they end up in my mailbox.