Grand Cards: Ultimate Checklist: 2008 Sweet Spot

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ultimate Checklist: 2008 Sweet Spot

It's been a little while since I've gotten an Ultimate Checklist post up here, and there are only a few left. So, for those of you who still have any interest in 2008 cards (and why wouldn't you?) I give you Sweet Spot:
2008 Sweet Spot #QS-OCGV Quad Patch (#/25)

You may recognize this card as my first card of 2009, and wrote a little blurb about it then. I still feel the same way now--this is a very nice card, I don't often get the pleasure of multi-colored patches. The patches are in unique configurations, and while I'm marginally annoyed that it doesn't show Cabrera in a Tigers uniform (he did play there for ALL of 2008) I like that he has an obvious Marlins patch to go with his Marlins picture. Since I bought this card for the Granderson, the pre-Tiger Cabrera just serves as a unique element and additional splash of color.

The only other Granderson card in Sweet Spot is the regular jersey variation of the card shown here. I'd imagine that the quad swatch looks how you'd expect--with four colorless swatches instead of the patches. Suffice to say that I envision that card as being lackluster compared to its patch equivalent.

All in all, Sweet Spot produced another sharp Granderson card, featuring another non-running picture (yay!) and put him with three of his all-star caliber teammates. Not much to complain about there.