Grand Cards: Real American Heroes

Friday, March 13, 2009

Real American Heroes

This was nonchalantly tossed on the back of an email I got this morning:

Also, I saved a woman's life this morning.
Understandably curious, I asked for a bit more detail. Over the course of the next two emails:
I was walking to my car and saw a woman doubled over on the curb. She was having a heart attack. I called an ambulance.
And
I asked her if she was okay and she said "I think I'm having a heart attack" and then explained that her chest felt tight and pained and her arm was numb and she felt sick to her stomach. I said "Yep that sounds like a heart attack, let me call an ambulance for you" and I did.

I waited until the ambulance got there, it didn't take long.

This occurred in a city. An AMERICAN city. An EAST COAST American city. It just goes to show you how Midwesterners make the world a better place. Kudos to my wife, for doing the right thing and making a difference to an individual and a network of family and friends who were (hopefully) able to avoid a tragic loss because of her actions. Because she doesn't get enough credit for things (and isn't taking enough credit for the enormity of what she did this morning) I thought that I would give her a little shout out here. For those of you seeking baseball-related content, I apologize.

4 comments:

  1. This is better than baseball-related content. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, more people should do what your wife did this morning. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be very proud of her. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one myself 11 years ago at 47.Fortunately I was at an ER at the time. It's good to know that there are still some people who will help when needed.God bless her.

    ReplyDelete