Grand Cards: Series 2 Tigers: Career (Worst)

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Series 2 Tigers: Career (Worst)

As much as it pains me to say this, I am about to show you what is hands down the worst card in Topps Series 2. Not because of anything about this card per se, but rather...I'm not sure how to explain it. Pictures!
2009 Topps #CBR-CG (Series 2) Curtis Granderson


Sure, I'm tired of that reconstituted running picture of Curtis, but that's not the problem. It's not the tons and tons of red, or anything about the design or content. It is something that only another 1000 words can properly explain.

2009 Topps #CBR-CG (Series 1) Curtis Granderson


These are two different cards. One from Series 1 and one from Series 2. Oh, you can't tell? The sizing of his name is slightly different! There are some different things on the back! Unforgivable. I am so disgusted by this that I don't even want to write about it anymore, and I'm a man who likes to write about Curtis Granderson cards. Just...ugh.

Card Cost: $0.99
Shipping: $2.00

Totals so far:
Cards: $5.28
Shipping: $6.25

I'd complain that my shipping costs are exorbitant, but they really haven't been, I've just gotten ridiculously low prices on some of these cards to start. I'm sure that will change.