Grand Cards: This Just In: 2008 UD Premier (Autograph)

Monday, June 8, 2009

This Just In: 2008 UD Premier (Autograph)

In the 2008 release of UD Premier Granderson was featured pretty extensively, both on his own and on some cards with other folks. For his single cards, there was his base #147 and then a series of Autographed "Milestones" cards. In fact, I've explained the whole thing before, in case you're curious.

Anyway, the base card has a number of parallel versions, one of which is autographed. Behold:
2008 UD Premier #147 Curtis Granderson: Autograph (#08/25)

I still don't have any of the other parallel version, or the base version for that matter, but I figure that the autographed version is the gem of the bunch, so at least that's a good start. Thankfully, Upper Deck didn't really "mail it in" on this card, which is wholly distinct from the "Milestones" version, while still keeping the same general design aesthetic. I'm also a big fan of front-of-card serial numbering, something that Upper Deck has perfected. Now, if I can only track down "The Premier Card" and have the money to afford it then I'll be happy as a clam. Wishful thinking, I'm afraid.