Grand Cards: Get That Man a Baseball Card: Fu-Te Ni

Monday, June 29, 2009

Get That Man a Baseball Card: Fu-Te Ni

With a DL assignment for Nate Robertson, the Tigers dipped into the farm system for another lefty reliever. The result is Taiwanese (Chinese Taipeian?) import Fu-Te Ni. I must admit that my call to see him on a baseball card is a bit hasty. In fact, Ni already has two cards in 2009 releases. The first was from the 55-card WBC set by Topps. The second was a Topps Series 2 release, also of the WBC ilk. Not only that, but it is a game used jersey card to boot!

2009 Topps #BCR-FTN Fu-Te Ni

Of course, this card is a part of my Series 2 Tigers quest and came at a relatively modest cost. Surprisingly, this card goes for consistently more on eBay than the Magglio Ordonez WBC relic. Speculation at hand?

So, with this card now safely in my binder, and Fu-Te Ni making his major league debut for the Tigers in the days ahead, I'll revise my call for his cardboard immortality. He has a baseball card, but he still needs an official rookie card or, better yet, a card in a Tigers uniform. I'm looking at you, Updates & Highlights (or Heritage High Numbers)!

Card Cost: $2.35
Shipping: $1.50 (1/2 of a $3.00 combined shipping order)

Totals so far
Cards: $14.92
Shipping: $12.25
Total: $27.17